Recipe: Baked Capsicum Kale Salad
I love vegetables as much as I love any other type of food. True story. I can eat it in its simplest form with your standard salt & pepper seasoning OR I can make some fancy smancy veggies to make eating veggies, well, more exciting. Ha.
This recipe I am about the present you is perfect for those of you who find it hard to consume veggies or simply just dislike any form of veggies. It makes the perfect side dish for a date night or your next family gathering (and the upcoming Christmas dinner!)
The sweetness from the baked capsicum along with the creaminess from the feta cheese, mixed with the seasoned kale and shaved almonds - it's THE perfect party in my mouth. :P
If the filling is a tad too green for your liking, especially if you are just trying to incorporate more greens to your diet, try this Quinoa Cranberry Kale Salad OR Chopped Salad as your capsicum cup filling instead!
OR you may skip the feta cheese toppings if you are eating SUPER clean. But hey, my motto here is always moderation over deprivation and feta cheese is good fat anyways ;)
Aesthetically appealing, tasty & healthy - this baked Capsicum Kale Salad will definitely be a winner at your (dinner) party.
Baked Capsicum Kale Salad Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time:10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 3-4 medium-sized capsicums (or bell pepper)
- 2 cups of Kale leaves (washed and dried)
- 1/2 cup of shaved almonds
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- Salt & pepper
- Cayenne pepper (Optional)
- Feta Cheese (Optional)
- Remove kale leaves from the stem and cut them into tiny strips.
- Then, pour in the olive oil and massage them into the leaves.*
- Add in the curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper and the shaved almonds into the kale leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Slice the capsicum into half **, remove the stalks and remove all the seeds.
- Place the capsicum "cups" on a baking tray lined with baking sheets or olive oil spray.
- Pour the salad mix into the capsicum "cups" and top it with feta cheese (optional)
- Put it in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for approximately 10 minutes.
*This will help soften the kale leaves.
**I find slicing the capsicum into half makes a more stable cup compared to if you slice them at the top.
Definitely give it a go this festive season and let me know how it goes! Don't forget to hashtag #EatThisBurnThat and share your creation with me!
The EPIC Meal Prep Ninjas Checklist
Grab your FREE epic checklist to get you sorted for meal prepping. Learn how to shop once, prep & cook once and enjoy healthy & delicious! Meal prep makes the dream works. x