Recipe: Chilli Prawns Churizo Pasta Recipe
Eat This Burn That is all about living healthily & staying active through the hustle & bustle of your daily life. One of the best tips that I have been practising for over 2 years is meal prepping.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the term #mealprep or meal prepping, it's pretty much preparing and portion your meals ahead of time. The most common method is to bulk cook on the weekend and freeze them. OR you can choose the Cook Once, Eat Twice (or multiple times) method whereby you cook extra for a particular meal so you have some extras for the next day. (For example, you cook extra for dinner the night before and pack the remaining for lunch the next day.)
I will go into more detailed explanation and guide in a different post. Today's focus is on this Chilli Prawns Churizo Pasta (with HOMEMADE CHILLI OIL) that was made by le boyfriend which was pretty fucking amazing!
Chilli. Prawns. Churizo. Pasta.
All my favourites in a single plate - it's some EPIC food-gasm right there!
Instead of whipping up just enough food for the both of us during our date night in, he decided to cook a whole pot worth of pasta just so I could pack some for work during the week. #keeper
No meal prep required for the weekend = #winning :)
Without further ado, here's the amazing recipe for this out of the world Chilli Prawns Churizo Pasta, which makes approximately 6 servings.
Chilli Prawns Churizo Pasta
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 500g of Egg Fettucini (a pack)
- 500g of peeled prawns
- 2 slices of Deli Churizo/ Italian sausages, slightly cooked
- 4-5 clove of garlic
- 350g of button mushrooms
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 X 100g of smoked salmon/ trout*
- 1 can of Organic diced tomatoes puree
- 0.5cm worth of butter**
- Homemade Chilli Oil
- 2Cups of Olive Oil
- 200g of chilli flakes
- 3 fresh chilli
Homemade Chilli Oil
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and add on the chilli flakes and fresh chilli once the oil is hot enough.
- Let it sit for approximately 5 minutes before letting it set in the jar.***
- Cook the Fettucini according to the packet instructions then run it with cold water and set aside.
- Saute the garlic with butter until golden brown or fragrant, then add in the mushrooms and stir fry for approximately 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the churizo, mix everything together, then add in the prawns.
- Stir until prawns is cooked, then add in the can of diced tomatoes puree.
- Whilst waiting for the pasta sauce to reduce a little, saute the cherry tomatoes.****
- Mix the Fettucini, pasta sauce and cherry tomatoes together.
- Serve with your homemade chilli oil and garnish with parsley.
* The smoked ocean trout and salmon are additional protein for my lunch during the week. You can opt to increase the prawns and/or churizo instead for your protein during the week.
**For healthier option, swap butter for olive oil but the combination of butter, garlic and mushies is pretty spot on!
***You may want to prepare the chilli oil a couple of days in advance as the longer you let it set, the spicier and tastier it is.
**** You may skip this step if you prefer fresh tomatoes but personally, I prefer slightly cooked tomatoes!
The flavour party that was going on in my mouth was beyond! Everything just goes so well together - the flavours, the texture. It was perfection! Needless to say, I was a happy girl when I worked out that I had almost enough lunch for the week! :) Another reasons to cook in bulk peeps, you get to enjoy a tasty lunch on Monday which definitely helps with Monday blues.
The boyfriend devoured most of the churizo and me the prawns, the leftovers didn't have enough protein. Solution? Head to the store and grab 100g of smoked salmon and smoked ocean trout to chuck into the pasta mix. Voila - chilli prawns churizo pasta to chilli seafood pasta :)
THIS is probably one of the best creations from the boyfriend, along with the homemade steak. Next time, before you decide to book your favourite Italian restaurant for a Saturday night date, why not try cooking together instead? You get some good bonding time together, enjoy a scrumptious meal AND you get extras to take to work during the work. That's lotsa wins there to me!
Disclaimer: the cleaning up might not be as fun but hey, that's what dishwasher is for. ;)
Give it a go and don't forget to hashtag #eatthisburnthat on social media so I can see your creation too! You will left with an extremely happy tummy, I promise!
The EPIC Meal Prep Ninjas Checklist
Grab your FREE epic checklist to get you sorted for meal prepping. Learn how to shop once, prep & cook once and enjoy healthy & delicious! Meal prep makes the dream works. x