Meal Prep 101: Crunchy Siracha Chicken Salad Recipe
After sharing my tips on how to eat healthy on a budget & how to cope with rising cost of living, it is only suitable to share a new quick & easy, tasty, cheap and healthy recipe with you guys!! Less than $20, 5 meals - you're in for a treat! ;)
This crunchy siracha chicken salad is a quick & easy salad that ticks the boxes of taste, nutrition, budget-friendly & convenience!
Crunchy Siracha Chicken Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 mins
A quick & easy salad that ticks the boxes of taste, nutrition and convenience! Give it a try - flavoursome, crunchy and guilt free! YUM!
- 1 large/ 2 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 green capsicum
- 1 red Spanish onion
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 can of organic lentils, rinsed & drained
- 12 chicken drumsticks, bones removed & shredded (Or any protein of choice)
- Siracha sauce to season the chicken (optional but it's AH-MAZING!)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs (thyme, oregano, dried basil, Rosemary)
- Salt & pepper
- Prepare the chicken (or protein of choice) ahead of time (chicken takes around 30 minutes to boil)
- Wash, chop up and prepare all the veggies
- Mix everything together
Spend an hour on the weekend and you have healthy lunch sorted for the week! Pretty sweet isn't it?! AND, 5 servings for less than $20 bucks, seriously? Once again, who says you can't eat healthy on a budget??
If chicken isn't your protein of choice, you can always swap it with tuna, eggs, chickpeas, beef or double the lentils servings - the possibility is endless! Give the salad a Mediterranean touch by adding olives and feta cheese :)
Give it a go and let me know how you goes!
The EPIC Meal Prep Ninjas Checklist
Grab your FREE epic checklist to get you sorted for meal prepping. Learn how to shop once, prep & cook once and enjoy healthy & delicious! Meal prep makes the dream works. x