Meal Prep 101: Crunchy Siracha Chicken Salad Recipe
After sharing my tips on how to eat healthy on a budget & how to cope with rising cost of living, it is only suitable to share a new quick & easy, tasty, cheap and healthy recipe with you guys!! Less than $20, 5 meals - you're in for a treat! ;)
This crunchy siracha chicken salad is a quick & easy salad that ticks the boxes of taste, nutrition, budget-friendly & convenience!
Crunchy Siracha Chicken Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 mins
A quick & easy salad that ticks the boxes of taste, nutrition and convenience! Give it a try - flavoursome, crunchy and guilt free! YUM!
- 1 large/ 2 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 green capsicum
- 1 red Spanish onion
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 can of organic lentils, rinsed & drained
- 12 chicken drumsticks, bones removed & shredded (Or any protein of choice)
- Siracha sauce to season the chicken (optional but it's AH-MAZING!)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs (thyme, oregano, dried basil, Rosemary)
- Salt & pepper
- Prepare the chicken (or protein of choice) ahead of time (chicken takes around 30 minutes to boil)
- Wash, chop up and prepare all the veggies
- Mix everything together
Spend an hour on the weekend and you have healthy lunch sorted for the week! Pretty sweet isn't it?! AND, 5 servings for less than $20 bucks, seriously? Once again, who says you can't eat healthy on a budget??
If chicken isn't your protein of choice, you can always swap it with tuna, eggs, chickpeas, beef or double the lentils servings - the possibility is endless! Give the salad a Mediterranean touch by adding olives and feta cheese :)
Give it a go and let me know how you goes!