RECIPE: HEALTHY LEMON BOUNTY BLISS BALLS
To keep the theme of keeping processed food minimum, I decide to make my own arvo snack/ dessert this time - Healthy Lemon Bounty Bliss Balls!
Yes, its another "healthy balls" you seem to have seen flooding around your Instagram feed. And no, it's not another chocolate protein balls. If you are a fan of Bounty Bar AND something sour, then this will definitely be right up your alley! ;)
HEALTHY LEMON BOUNTY BLISS BALLS
- 2 1/4 cup of Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup coconut chips (you may use shredded coconut instead)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 lemon juice & zest
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Shredded coconut (to coat the balls)
To make it "Bounty" like - melted dark chocolate to coat.
1. Mix all the ingredients (Except the shredded coconut) in a large mix bowl until you get a gluey like texture and roll them into balls.
2. Roll them balls over the shredded coconut.
3. Put them in the fridge to chill for two hours.
4. Melt your dark chocolate buttons and drizzle them over the balls for some chocolate goodness! This step is totally optional if you want this to be 100% healthy but hey 98% healthy is perfectly fine with me. ;)
These healthy lemon bounty bliss balls make the perfect arvo or post workout snack - packed with wholesome stuff and avoid the sugar roller coaster ride you would have otherwise experienced if you reached out for the lollies jar instead!
The lemon goes really well with coconut and chocolate and gives it that extra kick! If you are not a huge fan of sour stuff, just ease out on the lemon and tailor it to your own taste bud!
Give these healthy lemon bounty bliss balls a try and let me know how it goes! Share your final result by hashtagging #EatThisBurnThat OR post it to our Facebook page!
3-INGREDIENTS healthy treats
Join the #EatThisBurnThat tribe today and download your simple & easy treats recipe cards today! Promise you will not be disappointed!