Recipe: Healthy Apple Crumble
What happens when your boyfriend wants to add Sara Lee's apple pie into his shopping stash on #DateNightKitchenAdventures duty?
You convince him you will be in charge of dessert duty and whip up a clean and healthy apple crumble instead :)
Healthy Apple Crumble
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 medium sized apples
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1tbsp coconut sugar
- juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and diced apples
- Place all ingredients into a pot and bring in to boil
- Let it simmer until the mixture thickens, whilst stirring it intermittently
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticky
Fillings + Toppings
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celcius
- Pour the fillings into your desired baking dish or ramekin
- Scatter the crumble over the top
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden
- Serve it on its own or with custard or favourite ice cream!
Prepare this healthy apple crumble whilst you're cooking up a storm, pop it in the oven as you're enjoying your dinner and you will get yourself a very delicious and guilt-free dessert! Don't forget to share your creation with me if you decide to give this healthy apple crumble a try!
3-INGREDIENTS healthy treats
Join the #EatThisBurnThat tribe today and download your simple & easy treats recipe cards today! Promise you will not be disappointed!