Recipe : Homemade Cinnamon Granola Clusters
I find myself rarely buying muesli and granola from the supermarkets anymore as they are usually high in sugar, preservatives and trans fats. Also, making your own granola is way easier than you think and its filled with wholesome goodness to help kick start your day!
Double win there, if you ask me.
This is my favourite "recipe" - simple, easy to make and packed with goodness! And, the BEST part about this Homemade Cinnamon Granola Clusters? It's flexible and you can totally play around to suit your personal taste!
Homemade Cinnamon Granola Clusters
RECIPE : Homemade Cinnamon Granola Clusters
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 3 Cup Oats
- 3 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (you may replace this with almond butter or any nut butter. Also, you may use 2 Tbsp instead but I am a huge fan of peanut butter hence that extra scoop :P)
- 2 Tbsp of Natural Maple Syrup
- 1Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon (Again, I LOVE cinnamon, but feel free to adjust it to suit your liking)
- 1 Cup of mixed nuts
- 1/2 Cup of chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 Cup chopped dates & dried apricots (optional)
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Heat up the coconut oil on the stove.
- Mix the oats, nuts, chia seeds, chopped dates, shredded coconut and ground cinnamon in the bowl. Then add the coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter, egg white & vanilla essence to the dry ingredients.
- Spread evenly on greased baking paper ( I spray it with olive oil as I ran out of baking paper) on a tray and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden, remove and cool immediately to get it crispy.
Pack them into cute mason jars and you have your breakfast covered for the week! We are all about cooking in bulk and meal prepping in advanced here at Eat This Burn That!
They make great toppings for your yogurt or smoothie. But I have been digging the almond milk + fruits + granola clusters combination lately!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Seriously, it's simple and easy and you get to work with what you have at home!
Don't forget to snap a photo of your final product and tag #EatThisBurnThat on Instagram if you give this a go!
The EPIC Meal Prep Ninjas Checklist
Grab your FREE epic checklist to get you sorted for meal prepping. Learn how to shop once, prep & cook once and enjoy healthy & delicious! Meal prep makes the dream works. x