Recipe: Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Having to experience it personally, I know how couldn't be bothered it is to whip up a meal when you are busy hustlin & bustlin! So, today, I am sharing with you my quick & easy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
*Brownie points for time saver*
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 3 small Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 3 truss tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium red capsicum or bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red spanish onions, diced into cubes
- 1 cup of cooked red quinoa
- 1 tub (300g) of marinated Danish feta cheese
- Your choice of protein (eggs, tofu, chicken breast, tuna...)
- Dice all your vegetables into cubs and mix them into a large salad bowls
- Add in the Danish feta cheese along with its marinate* (which consists of olive oil and herbs) and cooked quinoa
- Mixed everything together and VOILA - it's ready to serve!
*The beauty of using marinated feta is you don't need to prepare additional dressing - simply drizzle the marinate and your salad will be bursting with flavours! Of course, you could always make your own by drizzling over some olive oil, mixed herbs and salt & pepper to taste.
Quick tip for the day:
It is always good to have some kinda protein handy in your pantry or freezer. Stock up on tuna cans or eggs or grill your chicken in bulk and freeze them! It will take you 15 minutes or less to whip up a protein packed meal by adding them to your salad!
The EPIC Meal Prep Ninjas Checklist
Grab your FREE epic checklist to get you sorted for meal prepping. Learn how to shop once, prep & cook once and enjoy healthy & delicious! Meal prep makes the dream works. x