Recipe : PALEO Mushroom Mince Muffin Cup (Vegetarian)
For those of you who aren't a fan of bacon, I am sharing another breakfast cup recipe. But this time, vegetarian!
I got the idea to make vegetarian "mince" using mushroom from Baking Bad Gym Addict's video and I had some leftover broccoli stalks which I felt bad chucking away each time! After blending the mushrooms into "mince", I had a light bulb moment to do the same with the broccoli stalks too, in which I sauteed along with the shallots and mushrooms!
Quick tip: Do not wash the mushroom before cooking as they already contain lotsa moisture as it is (Yes, I have been doing that until my boyfriend told me that it's adding more moisture!). Add some salt to remove the additional moisture in the saute process!
PALEO Mushroom Mince Muffin Cup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Muffin Cups ingredients
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- 1/2 cup of chopped shallots
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of shredded broccoli stalks (just put leftover broccoli stalks into food processor and blitz it into fine pieces)
- 375g of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 12 medium sized eggs
- 1/3 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp of ground pepper
- Saute the onion, garlic and of shredded broccoli stalks and set aside
- Then, saute the mushroom for approximately 3-5 minutes, add some salt to remove the moisture
- Mix the sauteed veggies, mushrooms and the chia seeds together and press it into your muffin tins to form the "cup"
- Sprinkle a layer of egg whites on top of each cup - that's to ensure that the cup "sticks" together
- Put it in the oven at 180 degrees celcius and bake for 10 -12 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix in the eggs and shredded carrots and add in your desired flavour (I use salt & pepper and chilli flakes)
- After your "cup" is formed, add in your capsicum then pour your egg mixture over.
- Then, sprinkle some chopped shallots and put it into the oven for another 20 minutes
This paleo mushroom mince muffin is a great option to our bacon and egg muffin cups and is great option for the vegetarians out there!
Here are a few ways on how I consume my mushroom mince cups:
- Drizzle a generous amount of siracha sauce (because #SirachaEverything )
- With half an avocado on the side and sprinkle with some ground pepper
- Upside down muffin "pie" topped with mash avo
Give these paleo mushroom mince muffin cups a go - seriously they are life-changing! (At least to me, anyways! :P Especially when I am trying to cut down on my bread consumption.) I made myself a batch of bacon muffin cups for the week!
The EPIC Meal Prep Ninjas Checklist
Grab your FREE epic checklist to get you sorted for meal prepping. Learn how to shop once, prep & cook once and enjoy healthy & delicious! Meal prep makes the dream works. x