Recipe: Raw Cacao Protein Bliss Balls
Everyone loves some good balls. Bliss balls seem to be the new black these days.
And well, yours truly included and in fact, I am quite picky when it comes to balls. #punintended HOWEVER, after lotsa trial and error, I have managed to come up with THE perfect recipe by improvising a recipe given to me by a friend of mine! #WINNING
RAW CACAO PROTEIN BLISS BALLS
Raw Cacao Bliss Balls
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates (chopped finely)
- 2 cups vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup LSA
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Desiccated coconut (to coat)
- Mix the dry ingredients (chia seeds, LSA, protein powder, raw cacao powder) in the food processor. Put them into a bowl once the mixture is properly mixed.
- Then, mix the walnuts and dates in the food processor until the dates and walnuts are nicely blended.
- Blend everything together (walnuts and dates mixture) along with the dry ingredients, add in the vanilla extract and almond milk into the mix.
- Once the mixture is of a cookie dough consistency, roll them into small balls and coat them with desiccated coconut.
These bliss balls are packed with flavours and nutrients - make the perfect brekkie on the go (I grabbed 3 of these bliss balls when I am running late in the morning!
What I love most about this recipe is - the chia seeds really balance out the overly dense dates texture. I know many of you love dates (so do I when eaten on its own!) but one of the reasons why I am a little iffy with most bliss balls is the overpowering dates flavour. But I think the chia seeds and walnuts really balanced it out! You're welcome to add in goji berries or figs for an additional texture! I am keen to make some raw fig balls next! ;)
This is by far, the best balls I have had and couldn't get enough of. I mean, bliss balls. :P
It got the tick of approval from the boy and my sister! :)
Have a go at this bliss balls and let me know if it suits your taste bud! Don't forget to tag @EatThisBurnThat and hashtag #eatthisburnthat on Instagram if you did try!
3-INGREDIENTS healthy treats
Join the #EatThisBurnThat tribe today and download your simple & easy treats recipe cards today! Promise you will not be disappointed!