Recipe: Spicy Chopped Salad
I am not sure about you but I do get bored of your usual lettuce and leaves salad after a while, so when I came across Julie’s Spicy Macadamia Cranberry Cauliflower “Rice” salad recipe, I knew I HAD to give it a go with a little twist of my own. This spicy chopped salad brings summer salad to a new level!I am not sure about you but I do get bored of your usual lettuce and leaves salad after a while, this spicy chopped salad spices (#punintended) things up a little and is a tad different from your traditional salad.
I am a HUGE fan of Coriander (seriously obsessed with this right now!), so decided to swap the mint with coriander. Added some fresh Tuscan tomatoes instead of zucchini and carrots. Seriously, the possibility is ENDLESS! You might want to add capsicum, red onions, cucumber? Whatever floats your boat really!
SPICY CHOPPED SALAD
Spicy Chopped Salad
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 Cauliflower Head
- 2 Tuscan Tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shaved almonds
- 2 fresh lemons
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Optional)
- Himalayan Rock Salt
- Black Pepper
- Wash and dry cauliflower* before blending it.
- Blend the parsley and parsley respectively.**
- Add the all blended ingredients into a huge bowl then add in fresh tomatoes, shaved almonds and dried cranberries.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Add in the squeezed lemon juice, curry powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper into the mixed salad.
- Then, toss and mix everything thoroughly again until the flavour is evenly distributed.
*You may also add in your favourite veggies into the mixture such as carrots and zucchini. The possibility is endless, get creative!
**You could blend all the ingredients together (cauliflower, parsley and coriander) if you have a food processor. I have to do them separately as I was using a blender instead.
I need my meat so I added some homemade grilled chooks (recipe HERE) to my chopped salad but feel free to add the protein of your choice - tuna, eggs, beef streaks, tofu... And you get a bloody whole-some lunch with all nutritional goodness!
Have a go at your very own chopped salad and I promise you wouldn't be disappointed! Don't forget to hashtag #EatThisBurnThat to share your creation! ;)